Connecting you to local employers
Each of Peninsula Worklink’s One-Stop Career Centers and SNAP locations houses workforce experts to provide you with excellent coaching and resources to find a job or career that gives you a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. Many of our services and programs can best be delivered effectively at our One-Stop Centers. We invite you to make full use of the resources on this site but encourage you to visit our One-Stop Center or SNAP Locations to gain access to our workforce professionals.
Been Laid Off? If you’ve been laid off, we can help you with finding the right services for unemployment insurance and job search. Contact our Career Centers for more information.
Self-Directed Resource Rooms / Core Services – Find a wealth of information and resources in our self-directed resource rooms at our Career Centers.
- Job search information and assistance; local Job Fair and Career Fair listings
- Local and national job listings
- Internet accessible computers for job search activities (www.vaworkconnect.com)
- Self-assessment tools for matching skills, interest, personality and values with jobs/careers
- Unemployment insurance claim filing and assistance
- Labor market information (www.VaEmploy.Com)
- Limited photocopying of employment documents
- Fax and phone service for employment purposes
- Job seeking tips and workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills and more
- Access to many partner programs and services
- Skills assessment, certifications and professional licensure testing and training services at affordable prices (ACT Center – Peninsula Workforce Development Center, Hampton)
- Self-employment and start-up business assistance (Hampton-Small Business Development Center, http://www.hrsbdc.org)
- Local Supportive Services Resource Directory
Special assistance available for hearing, visually or physically impaired customers
Intensive Services – one-on-one and small group assistance provided by a Peninsula Worklink Career Developer. Visit your nearest Peninsula Worklink to determine eligibility for intensive services. Attend our orientation at our Career Centers and find out if you can qualify for more one-to-one coaching and services. You can also find out if you are eligible for additional supportive services at 2-1-1 Virginia.
- Comprehensive assessments of skills and service needs
- Development of an individual employment and career plan
- Intensive career counseling
- In-depth interviewing skills development
- Computer workshops
- One-on-one assistance with résumés, cover letters and thank you letters
- Ongoing Follow-up and Assistance
Training Services – intensive services clients may be eligible to receive funding for occupational skills training from an approved training provider or an employer while on-the-job.
- Occupational skills training
- On-the job training
- Job readiness training
- Adult education (GED) and literacy
- Customized training for an employer who commits to hiring clients
Click to view: Approved Vendor Book 2016 -as of 3-2017
Click to view: OJT NEG Participant Flyer 6-2015
Click below to view Lisa Z interview discussing Worklink/One Stop Workforce Center: